The neurologist finally called last night with the results! She said Josh's blood tests came back normal and that his MRI was normal for the most part too. She said the report mentioned something about an area in the back of his brain that was longer/larger than normal, but it wasn't anything to be concerned about.....it was still within normal parameters. I'm not sure what all that meant, but as long as it's normal, then I guess we shouldn't worry. Heck, maybe he has more brains which would make him smarter! LOL Maybe he's a prodigy in the making! Only time will tell. :o)
But now I'm thinking "if it's not FAS (Fetal Alcohol Syndrome) or even FAE (Fetal Alcohol Effects), then why does he behave the way he does??? And where do we go from here? Thank goodness we went ahead and started having him evaluated by the therapists with the school system. The Occupational Therapist is coming over tomorrow for her evaluation of him......I'm hoping she'll have some answers....or at least some advice. That's one good thing about this whole process....that even if he isn't accepted into this special preschool, they will still give us some help as to how to deal with him and how his current teachers can handle him in school. They don't just say "oh, well, he's not eligible so, see ya!" They actually work with the parents and help as much as they can. But I am soooo hoping that he'll get into this other preschool.....I seriously think it would help him immensely!
He still has to have the genetics test done....that's in March....and he'll be seeing a Developmental Pediatrician in May.....so hopefully along with everyone else we're having him seen by, they can help fill in some blanks (especially the D.P.).
No comments:
Post a Comment