Sorry for the delay about this....I have been SUPER busy the last 4 days! Josh had his final evaluation on Monday by the Occupational Therapist. She had him use a marker to write on a piece of paper....she showed him a picture of a plus sign, a circle and a square and asked him each time if he could make one just like it. At first he said "I don't know how" when she showed him the plus sign, but he managed to make something that looked like a plus sign. He did pretty good with the circle and square. She had to help him with holding the marker....he doesn't know how to hold a writing utensil correctly. She then showed him a piece of fabric with four buttons and another with four button holes....she wanted to see if he could button and unbutton them.....he didn't do too well with that one. I didn't watch much else of what she did because I was filling out a questionaire that she needed back before she left (it was 5 pages long!)....so I don't know what else she tested him with. After I finished filling out the paperwork, she asked me a few questions and said he definitely has some sensory issues.
She told me they would get together and have a meeting and discuss what all they found and would let us know if he would be eligible for the special preschool. Chances are now, he most likely wouldn't go till fall ('09-'10 school year). I'd be surprised if they started him this close to the end of the school year (if he's eligible).
So anyway, that's where we are......I'll post when we find out if he gets into this school.
2 comments:
I will keep my fingers crossed for you in hopes he gets into it!!! *HUGZ*
I am glad you are getting some answers.
We are finally getting a diagnsis for Will, which is good, but sad as well :(
But, it's always nice to now what we are working with.
If you have any questions about sensory issues, ask away. I have a few kids with issues as well .
~ Debi
Post a Comment