Friday, February 6, 2009

First of many visits is done

Josh had his first "evaluation" yesterday for being considered to attend a special preschool. A Physical Therapist with the public school system came over yesterday to observe and take notes. She had Josh walk up and down the stairs, jump, run, walk, throw and catch a ball, balance on one foot, jump on one foot, and several other things I can't recall.

She didn't think he had any problems physically, but he showed his true colors during her visit. He was very inattentive...constantly changing the subject, running off to do something else.....he got angry at Kylee for picking up the ball when it rolled toward her....he told her to leave it alone and he hit her....I told him, "Joshua, you don't hit. Sissy was just helping".....he was very angry with her though and didn't want to leave it at that....he stomped off muttering to himself.....then during one of the jumping tests, he got aggrivated when he couldn't do it quite right and grumbled "I don't know how!" and ran up the yard and got on the trampoline.....I had to talk him down so the P.T. could finish her "tests". She thinks he has a sensory problem (which is along the lines of what we've suspected....possible Sensory Processing Disorder).....we'll know more after his evaluation by the Occupational Therapist and the Speech & Language Therapist...those two appointments are next week.....stay tuned.

1 comment:

~Thought's By Dena~/ JDs Gift Shack said...

Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!! *hugz*