Tuesday, January 6, 2009
My Grandma passed away
We had been expecting it for a few days. The dreaded phone call. It finally came at 1:40 a.m. this morning. Grandma passed away in her sleep. I thank God that she wasn't in any pain and that she passed peacefully. Now to endure the funeral....my heart aches for my Grandpa. My Uncle says he's taking it pretty well....he's had time to process everything in the last few days, so it wasn't a huge shock, but I know he's hurting. He was so upset that the doctors "just gave up on her". He wanted them to do something to help her and they said there was nothing more they could do. He told me they took her off all of her medication and that she was done with dialysis....when he said it he sounded like "what do I do now?" He'd been taking care of her for so long and now it was all over. So I know he's hurting....he just won't show it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment