Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Appointments have been made

Joshua will be having his MRI on Friday. We have to be at the hospital at 9:00 a.m. (gonna be an early morning...UGH!). Then his MRI is at 10:45. I'm not exactly sure what to expect. I suppose I should Google MRI and see what it's all about so I know what we're getting into. Although, he's being sedated for it, so it shouldn't be too eventful. I'm anxious to find out what exactly it is they're looking for and if they find it or not.

I just want answers......I want to know why my little boy is always angry and aggressive....why he can't sit still for more than 30 seconds (unless he's watching a favorite cartoon, but then he's zoned out and doesn't even hear me if I try to get his attention).....why he's so mean and aggressive toward our dog....and even though our dog has bit him several times, why he goes back for more......why he won't listen even when he's threatened with punishment.....why when he's punished does he not realize that it's because he did something wrong, not because we don't love him.....why he forgets a rule or directions almost immediately after he's been told.....I just want to know why.

I'm so frustrated with him sometimes that I just want to cry.....I just hope we get the answers we need to help him.

His genetics testing will be on March 17th. One of his 1/2 sisters was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis, so I'm assuming that is why the neurologist was wanting him tested. She threw so much information at us that day that I honestly don't know alot of what she said and all the why's of what we're doing.

His appointment to see the Developmental Pediatrician isn't until May 19th (she's apparently REALLY busy)......heck, by then I probably won't remember why we're seeing her.....LOL. No, not really, but geesh, you'd think if there's that much of a demand for this type of doctor that there would be more of them so a person wouldn't have to make an appointment 5 months out!

I'll keep everyone updated as to the results of the appointments as we have them. Ta ta for now.

4 comments:

~Thought's By Dena~/ JDs Gift Shack said...

I really hope that this doctor will have some answers for you...my thoughts and prayers are with you always!!!!!! *HUGZ*

BeautyFromAshes said...

oh, yay! it let me post. :)Praying for Josh!!!!

RileyScott said...

I hope things go better with your son. I know it must be stressful to get so frustrated with someone you love so much.

I have ADHD, and have had it all my life. Your son's symptoms sound similar. Has this path been looked down? My parents had a hell of a time with me, cause i had this 28 years ago before it was really a thing. It is manageable though. Just a thought. All the best

-Riley

ddawn said...

I just wanted to wish Josh and your family the best of luck in the morning with the MRI. My prayers and thoughts are with you. Big hugs for Josh!!!