Saturday, January 31, 2009

Josh's MRI

Josh's MRI went off without a hitch. We checked into the hospital at 9:00 a.m. We were taken back to his "room" where a nurse asked every health question known to man...LOL....then listened to his heart and lungs, checked his blood pressure and oxygen saturation level. She then gave us a pair of pajamas (hospital gown and pants) for Josh to change into. At this point I'm kicking myself because I realize I forgot to bring my camera to document this occasion for his scrapbook! Duh!

After we got him changed, the nurse told us we had some time to wait because they were a little bit behind. She said he could either watch a movie (they have a whole library of videos/DVD's) or he could go play in the play-room. He chose to go to the play-room. It was every child's dream! Nearly every toy imaginable! About 10:15, we had to go back to the room for his "happy-juice" (the medicine to relax him).....he had to stay on the bed or on mommy or daddy's lap because this happy-juice made him wobbly....LOL. So he sat in bed and played with a toy he brought from the play-room and watched Lightning McQueen...his favorite movie!

At about 11:00 a lady came to take him to have his MRI done. He was so relaxed by this point, I don't think he cared about anything....LOL. He doesn't have a problem with being separated from us anyway, so it went pretty good. I gave him a kiss and told him to be a big boy....I almost started crying at this point, but I knew they'd take awesome care of him. He got to take Charlie (his little stuffed dog) with him too, so that was a comfort.

After they took him, we went down to the cafeteria to get some lunch. I felt guilty for eating because I knew Josh must be terribly hungry. He hadn't eaten since 8:30 p.m the night before.....he couldn't have any solids after midnight and no liquids after 6:30 a.m.....well he didn't wake up till 6:40 a.m......I offered him some kool-aid, but he didn't want it....he wanted chocolate milk....and I couldn't give it to him. He was kinda mad at me, but he didn't fuss about it too much.

We got back to his room at about 11:50 a.m. and about 20 minutes later, Josh was back. He was still kinda groggy from the anesthesia and kinda cranky, but no worse for the wear. He got to eat a popsicle and drink some apple juice shortly after coming back to his room. The nurse checked his heart and lungs again and about 12:45 she told us whenever we were ready to go, we could take him home!

We got him up and dressed and by 1:15 we were leaving the hospital. He fell asleep on the way home and took about an hour nap. When he woke up he was crying and I asked him what was wrong....he said "the bones in my head are broken!".....he had a headache. :o( It's so cute how he explains himself....I felt bad for him because I didn't have anything with me to give him....he had to wait till we got home. We got home at about 3:00.....I gave him some tylenol and he was pretty much back to his old self shortly after that.

We probably won't know the results till Monday, but the nurse said if there had been anything major, they would've told us right away at the hospital. So that was good news. So I guess we'll wait and see what they find out.

2 comments:

ddawn said...

Hi. I am glad to hear that Josh's MRI went well. Sounds like he was a big boy for it. I hope that the results are good Monday. My prayers will be with you all.

~Thought's By Dena~/ JDs Gift Shack said...

I will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers!! *HUGZ*