Thursday, January 8, 2009

Grandma is at rest


Grandma was laid to rest today. The funeral was beautiful. She was a HUGE Elvis Presley fan, so the selection of music were mostly by Elvis....."How Great Thou Art" and "Amazing Grace". A third song "Love Lifted Me" was by the Statler Brothers. I was doing fine until the Pastor mentioned some of the things she use to love to do....gardening, crafting, sewing, her love of Elvis....and she even combined two of her loves, sewing and Elvis, and made Elvis-like jumpsuits for Steven (cousin) and Uncle Jim....I remembered this so vividly...then the faucets opened up and I cried.
Everyone gathered at Uncle Jim's house after the burial for a luncheon. It was nice to get to see so many Aunts, Uncles, cousins, second-cousins all in one place; family that I hadn't seen in SOOO long! I recognized most everyone, but there were a couple that I had to ask "who's that?" :o) I hope Grandma looked down from Heaven to see all of the family together in her honor.
We love you Grandma and you will be missed very much!

No comments: