I woke up Sunday (15th) feeling o.k. I was in the process of getting dressed when I noticed I had a chill and my joints and muscles ached. I went downstairs and ate breakfast, then sat in the recliner and covered up trying to warm myself up. I thought "great, I suppose I have a fever"...so I took my temp. and it registered at 100.1! It all went downhill from there. I felt horrible all day. Didn't do much of anything all day. Monday wasn't any better, but I had to work Monday night, so I took some medicine and muttled through it. My nose was plugged up still, but constantly dripping....how is that possible? LOL I was blowing my nose every 10 minutes!! Seriously! Tuesday was even worse. Not only was my nose plugged up, but my ears were too! I was having a hard time hearing what anybody said to me. And the pressure behind my eyes was so painful, all I wanted to do was sleep. I finally broke down and went to the doctor yesterday (Wednesday). I was SOOO miserable!
He listened to my lungs.....asked if I was a smoker...."no, I'm not"....asked if was asthmatic....."not that I'm aware of".....then he looked in my throat and told me I had HUGE tonsils.....he looked in my ears....didn't say anything there. He ordered a steroid injection to help open up my lungs (and I thought he said it would help with my congestion, but I could be wrong...cuz it doesn't seem to be helping it).....and he called in a prescription for Zithromax (antibiotic).....he never really told me what I have....but I'm assuming it's a sinus infection.
I'm still feeling somewhat miserable today.....still have congestion (even though I'm taking decongestants regularly!) and my head aches....but hopefully I can function enough today to get caught up on some housework.....I am SOOOO far behind.....the laundry has piled up, we're running out of clean dishes and the kids have pretty much taken over the entire house as their playroom! Lord, help me! I hope and pray this doesn't last much longer!
2 comments:
Cheryl, I'm so sorry, wish I was there to help. You probably have what the docs term an URI upper respitory infection. Most it can be bacterial or viral. The steroids take about 24 to 36 hours to kick in and the antibiotics will go to work by then to.
REST, that is the best thing you can do. Don't spend all your energy, you need to recover 100% or you will relapse.
Call a neighbor or another mom to see if the kids can go play somewhere else for a short time so you can sleep.
Good luck. Your friend.
awwww I feel sorry for you...being sick and trying to deal with kiddos and then having to go to work....YUCK!!!! Hope that you are soon feeling better and up and running again (ok I know you are like me...we dont run..but you know what I mean) hehe
((HUGZ)) from a distance...just in case you are contagious
Post a Comment