Well, it's happened again...I just recently realized I haven't blogged in quite awhile....since October 18th to be exact!! Man, it's amazing how fast the time flies! And before we know it, it'll be 2010!
We had an awesome Thanksgiving. Traditionally, we would go to Grandma B's house at noon, eat dinner then hang around all afternoon getting ideas for Christmas gifts for all the kids. Then about 6:00 p.m. we eat supper, clean up and everyone leaves usually by 7:30 to 8:00. This year was a little different though.....Grandma B had knee surgery on the 11th of November, so we offered to have it at our house. Grandma B still cooked the turkey, mashed potatoes & gravy, bread dressing and yams, and then brought them over here, then everybody else brought a side dish, dessert, etc. I got so full! I made my famous Cranberry Pasta Salad and two (yes, 2) Mile High Fudge Brownie Pies. This pie is awesome! Even though there were many other choices for dessert, my pies were the most popular....I cut them into 12 slices each and there were only 6 slices left at the end of the day! It's a super easy pie to make too....if you'd like the recipe, just let me know.
I got my Christmas tree up two weeks before Thanksgiving, but I didn't decorate it since we were hosting Thanksgiving dinner. I thought it would take away from the Thanksgiving feeling if I already had Christmas decorations up. So the Sunday after Thanksgiving the kids and I got the whole house and the tree decorated while we listened to Christmas music!
OH, I almost forgot, I got my hair cut and colored the Monday before Thanksgiving.....I'll try to get a picture taken and posted sometime soon.
1 comment:
Oh I would love that recipe for brownie pie!
Post a Comment