Saturday, January 1, 2011

I'm BAAAAACK & She's only 9!!!

Holy cow! It's been over 5 months since I blogged. And, sadly, there hasn't been a whole lot going on.

Nothing blog worthy anyway.....

Until now.....I'm having an issue with my 9 year old daughter. She seems to want to grow up WAAAAY to fast!

She insists on wearing eyeshadow and lipgloss almost everywhere she goes. She got some "kid" make-up from her grandma for Christmas and she LOVES to wear it, but it's soooo dark. She thinks she looks gorgeous, but I think she looks like a clown!

THEN, today, while my step-granddaughter was babysitting, she got into my mascara and put some on! I put my foot down and told her that my make-up is OFF-LIMITS!! No if's, and's or but's!!

She won't give me a kiss or let me kiss her in front of anyone anymore....she says it embarasses her! SHE'S ONLY 9 YEARS OLD!!! This shouldn't embarass her till she's at least 13, right?!! LOL

I feel like I'm losing my little girl. I mean, I know it's gotta happen, she's gonna grow up....I can't stop it....but does it have to happen now?!!! UGH!!

3 comments:

Cozyflier said...

Maybe you could 'trade' with her. Let her get her nails done and give up the makeup. I have a daughter, only 1, other 3 are boys. She will be 14 in 2 days. We are only now considering eye makeup! I've said no makeup til 16, but Dad during our Christmas shopping was wowed by one of those big fancy gift with purchase sets and that is her b-day present! So we are taking her to Dillards to have the lady show her how to apply eye make up appropriate for a 14 yr old at school. No mascara!!

They all want to grow up so fast, but at 9 my daughter was still playing with baby dolls! And my daughter, Amelia, still hugs me and kisses me in public!

Good luck, I know it is hard.

Happy New Year

Missy said...

I HATE the growing up thing!
Good luck!

~Thought's By Dena~/ JDs Gift Shack said...

ugh Im glad I had boys!!!! hehe