Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas is almost here!

I'm so excited for Christmas to get here. I love waking up on Christmas morning to my daughter's voice "C'mon mommy, c'mon daddy, let's go downstairs and see what Santa brought".

I'm cherishing this year as much as I possibly can. She came home from school the other day and told me that the older sister of a friend of hers doesn't believe in Santa. She asked me why someone wouldn't believe in Santa and I knew this was the beginning of her starting to doubt that Santa is real.

I dread the day that she comes home in tears telling me that the kids at school make fun of her because she believes in Santa. Or that she just plain doesn't believe anymore. Not only for the fact that it's part of a loss of innocence, but also because my daughter can't keep a secret to save her life! I fear that she'll find it rather amusing to tell her younger brother all about the Santa hoax. I know, I worry too much. But I want to keep them as innocent as I can for as long as I possibly can.

No comments: