.....since it's been nearly 4 months since I've posted anything!!!
It's been a little over 5 months since my mom passed away. My sisters and I finally found a day to go through all of her stuff. We got together last week and started the daunting task of dividing things up and deciding where things would go. After 7 hours, we still weren't done, so we had to plan another day.
We JUST finished going through all of her belongings on Monday....another 7 hours of sorting, choosing, deciding.....now I just have to find a place for everything that I kept.
Mom didn't have much....she lived in a nursing home for 6 years before she passed....so there wasn't a LOT of room for "extra" stuff.....it was only after her passing that we found out that she had been storing things in plastic storage containers and sending them with my grandpa (her dad) to store at his home! So she had a little more than we bargained for. I never thought it would take 14 hours to go through it all....but it did!
Her headstone has been set too. We got it ordered in May and it was finished and put in at the end of July. It looks beautiful. We had her picture put on the stone. I am SO glad we decided to do that.....now when I visit her grave, it feels like I'm actually talking to her....I can see her face and look at her smile.....not just the rectangle of grass that's still outlined by a gap in the dirt where they filled in the grave.
I think about her EVERY day.....
Not just once in awhile, or every couple days.....EVERY DAY! I miss her so much.
On a different note......
School starts in 4 days!!! I'm looking so forward to it! Getting the kids back on a regular schedule, getting to work more decent hours (I had been working 5:30 a.m. till 8:30 a.m. 4 days a week ALL summer)...and most of all, MORE HOURS which translates to MORE MONEY!!! I took a HUGE cut in hours when I started working mornings. I went from 22 to 26 hours per week to only 12 (or less some weeks)!! So getting back to my regular hours will help the wallet for sure!!!
Kylee tried out for the competition team at her dance studio.....AND MADE IT!! I was so proud of her....she had only been at this studio for one year, so I wasn't sure if she'd "have what it takes" to make the competition team....but she did! Now if I can just afford it all!!! UGH!! Thank goodness I'll be working more hours!! :o)
Joshua still isn't involved in any sports/activities. He's happy just hanging out, playing video games and playing outside! He's definitely my "home-body" kid.
Hubby still does the same old thing.....get up, go to work, come home, fall asleep in the recliner while "watching" the news, eat supper, read the paper, go to bed.....that pretty much sums it up!
We need to get out more....our lives are pretty boring.
OH, we are looking at getting a new camper next spring.....hubby says "We ARE going camping next summer!" (we have a camper and it's been nearly 4 years since we've gone camping!).....so I'll believe it when I see it!! LOL
Have a great day everyone!
1 comment:
I am SO sorry about your mom... That will be incredibly hard. I know it will happen, but it's not something any of us really believes until it's upon us, is it?
Take care. I haven't talked to you in a while and I hope you have a peaceful fall...
Post a Comment