Sunday, July 3, 2011

My Laundry Method

Let me start by saying....I HATE DOING LAUNDRY!!!

All of our bedrooms are upstairs.....and the laundry room is on the main floor.  I will never understand this concept when 95% of the laundry comes from upstairs!  So, my husband and I have been talking about moving our washer and dryer upstairs.

Until then, this is my method....


Each of us has a basket in our bedrooms that we put our dirty laundry in to....then when it's time to do laundry, I go upstairs and gather these baskets and come to this railing at the top of our stairs:

I then proceed to dump each basket over the railing onto the floor below....


Then I get my baskets from the laundry room and start sorting....whites, pastels and darks...there are usually so many darks that it takes two baskets...hence, 4 baskets for three seperate loads!
 I am sooooo looking forward to having the laundry room upstairs...I just hope it's possible.  We have yet to have a plumber come look at the situation and let us know if it's even possible. 

So, until then, I'll just keep dumping and sorting!  :o)

1 comment:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

I dump over my railing, too! It's like we're twins.